Disclaimer: As always, rules are meant to be broken. If you are on the fence about an outfit, please feel free to ask us beforehand or bring it along to the session for some advice!
What to wear for Engagement Photos – Follow Our Pinterest board here for more ideas
1. Coordinate colors and styles but don’t match! Guys, make sure you match the overall feel of your girl’s outfit. If she’s wearing a dress, make yourself look a little nicer. If she’s rocking some jeans and boots, then funk yourself up with a snazzy tie and nice leather shoes.
2. Find the perfect balance of color and pattern. Don’t over do it with patterns, but sometimes all solid can be a bit boring as well.
3. Jazz up your outfit with a cute pair of heels, funky necklace or nice bag. (if you plan on wearing heels, also bring some comfortable slip-ons for walking around.
4. Variety is the spice of life! It is always best to bring a few different outfits so you can change up the photos.
5. Most importantly: Be comfortable and have fun with it!
Fun Ideas for Engagement Photos – Another way to make you session unique and fun is to bring props!
- “Save the Date” or other signs
- Instruments you play
- Balloons ( or one big balloon!)
- Picnic and fun things
- Anything else that makes your relationship unique or holds sentimental value
- Feel free to chat with us before hand if you’d like to do something a bit different and need some collaboration.
Photo Location Ideas:
Sessions at home are so sweet, intimiate and unique. Most couples find these sessions to be more comfortable and natural.
New York Engagement Photo Locations – Here are some suggestions but a place that means something to you is our personal favorite to shoot!
NY City Shoots
- South Street Seaport
- Brooklyn Bridge
- West Village – Highline
- Soho and Tribeca
- Lincoln Center
- Your Neighborhood
- Favorite bar, date spot or ice cream shoppe
Parks and Greenery
- Central Park
- Botanical Gardens
- Arboretums in Long Island, Westchester and NJ